Educational aims of the programme:
The overall aim of the programme is to produce postgraduates who are able to develop into Chartered Engineers who are able to play a significant role as professional civil engineers. It aims to develop the skills needed by those who will take lead roles within the civil engineering profession. In particular, it aims to provide a route for a student with a B.Eng. in Civil or Structural Engineering to fulfil the learning requirements for Chartered Engineer status. The specific aims of the programme are:
1. To produce postgraduates who have a thorough understanding of civil engineering and a critical awareness of the current issues in the field, informed by the latest research.
2. To encourage students to develop their conceptual understanding of civil engineering to evaluate the latest research and design methodologies, and to develop their own methodologies.
3. To develop the students' awareness of the ethical issues of civil engineering and their responsibilities with regard to sustainable construction.
4. To offer experience in the planning and execution of an extended research project in the form of a dissertation.
5. To provide opportunities for students to develop subject specific skills, practical skills, cognitive skills and a range of high level transferable skills
(*) Subject to validation
Duration: Part-time 2 years (maximum of 5)
Study mode: Online learning
Tuition fees: £12,635
Financing: Scholarships Available
|Postgraduate Certificate Level|
|Advanced Structural Design and Bridge Engineering||LJMU-7306-CIV|
|Applied Finite Elements||LJMU-7304-CIV|
|Energy and Carbon Management||LJMU-7302-CIV|
|Postgraduate Diploma Level|
|Sustainable Construction and Innovation||LJMU-7412-BEPG|
|Water and Wastewater Treatment||LJMU-7514-BEPG|
|Postgraduate Award Level|
The entry requirements for admission are:
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.